Bubbles on water surface - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to kimba
Bubbles on water surface

Is it ok to have tiny bubbles on the water surface along the glass walls of my tank? Started about 1 week ago. Is it due to over / under dosing of fert?

Here are my tank specs:
135 gallon
3 x 150W M.H (9hrs daily split into 2 sessions)
Pressurized CO2 (drop checker green)
Water change weekly 40%
Temperature 26 degree C

K.C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)
That's nothing to worry about. All tanks get that from on time to another. I will guess that you have a small film over your water surface, right? Nothing to worry about. The small CO2 bubbles aren't strong enough to break through it would be my guess. Both of my planted tanks look like that also. I know some people use some kinds of skimmers to get rid of it, but for now, it doesn't bother me.

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to kimba
Thanks Dempsey, so those are undissolved CO2 bubbles... Alright then, but I'll still try to clear it away as it's really unsightly.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)
No problem!

Yup, that and O2 bubbles, I'm sure. Usually, when I do my weekly Water changes, I get rid of that. Of course it's back in a few days... Being that I don't have a rimless tank, it's not an issue for me ATM.

Clint

“Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, ‘Hey man, I love you this many dollars-worth.’” -Michael Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (53/100%)
Don't know what you have for filtration, flow and Co2 etc, but read my post here..https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...tribution.html.... This is how my tank is set up, I have one open tank return (without the spraybar) just below the surface and the effect I get is it puts out a very slight surface ripple that is apparant only within 6" of the discharge. This seems to keep my surface bubbles & the nasty surface film to a minimum without affecting my Co2 levels.
Also are you running your Co2 24hrs or are you turning it off @ night??

Algae Architect....Yes! I have Algae, but it's all very tasteful...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode