ADA Fert questions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
ADA Fert questions

The planted tank bug has bitten me again and I'm back for more punishment.

I'm going to set my 11 gallon CadLights zen tank up as I already have everything I need except substrate and ferts. I am interested in using the ADA line of liquid ferts but theres not much information on it.

Many things I've seen claim that you need to use powersand in combination with the ADA line of ferts but it seems like powersand is just NPK soaked pumice so could you replace this with osmocote underneath the amazonia instead? If you don't use the full compliment of substrate products can you still use the liquid ferts?

I was also wondering how long a 500 ml bottle lasts you? I would be using 2 squirts per day on my tank from what I've found. I've used dry ferts and mixed them in the past but I really want to keep this as simple as possible since my reef tank takes up alot of my time.

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
You don't have to use powersand and there's absolutely no need to add osmocote to AS. It has plenty of nutrients on its own.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for the reply.

What ferts do I need off the bat? Just the Brighty K and the Step 1?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Brighty K and Step 1 for first three months, then switch to Step 2. Dosage 1 pump of each per 20L daily, but you can double that once you have the plants established and growing well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for the info.

I placed my order at the AFA website and boy what an ordeal that thing was. It was like they don't want to take peoples money with how outdated the system is.

I'm excited for a change of pace with a freshwater tank. I've always enjoyed the contrast planted tanks have with reef tanks in that reefs are all about patience and long term goals where planted tanks are more fun in the short term and you can constantly rearrange and rescape when the desire hits you.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode