I am brand new to the forum, and have come across this site for reference in the past. It's been very helpful.
What I am struggling is having a balanced dosing to prevent losing large and small leaves. Attaches are some pictures. As you can see, the Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypts, and Anubias are doing fine. It's the moneywart, large Amazon swords, and the larger java fern leaves that just dies off slowly.
Current Tank (4 months old) Detail:
1. 55 gallon with 2x300W
heater, 2xWhisper EX70 HOB filter, planted substrate
2. Tank mates
: 15 Nerite snails (horned and zebra), 40 shrimps and breeding (red cherry, bee, and amanos), 3x Otos, 10 Neon tetra, 3 dwarf puffer, 2xSAE, 10xRummynose tetra, 6 zebra danios
3. Lighting: Finnex Ray 2
(5hrs/day) + Finnex MonsterRay
4. Dosing regiment: exactly as the following except I don't add anything for Day 7:
5. Water change: 20% weekly
6. CO2, in the process of acquiring a system. Currently, I dose 10mL of Flourish Excel daily
7. 4 piece Malaysian Driftwood (boiled in water for 30 minutes before introducing to the tank)
8. Plant temperature: 78F
Inconsistent growth on my plants. My large Amazon swords
leaves have all browned and melted off
, and all my moneywart's
leaves have browned and fallen off
except for the top. My dwarf hair grass
, so are my Anubias
and Java Fern
. But now my large leave Java Fern are also dying... but other Java fern are still reproducing.
1. Someone mentioned that I have too much light, so I reduced from the 8hr Ray2+9hr Monster combination with my lights to 5hr+5 hr... not too much changed....is it really too much light
2. What am I doing wrong? Just nutrient deficiency or CO2 deficiency
...someone mentioned Potassium def? I feel I am going through the 500mL of Seachem products pretty quickly.
3. On my picture of dwarf hairgrass... I see fuzzy algae lookalike... is it something I should be worried about (guessing hair algae), and why does it only
grow inside a bunched up hair grass?