Plants seem to be growing now. Any advice on any other ferts I need? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plants seem to be growing now. Any advice on any other ferts I need?

My tank has been up for about 6 months now. I have several anubias, vals, an amazon sword, a couple red melon swords, and some grass like stuff I forget what it is called. Some stuff died off at first and then some didn't look to healty, but for the past couple months everything seemed to just be staying the same. Now in the past couple weeks, I have noticed lots of new growths throughout so I must be doing something right! I actually like the slow growth so I don't have to do a lot of trimming. Anyways, I have just been useing Florish once a week (typcially when I do a PWC) and then Excel every other day, as stated on the bottle. I need to place an order with Dr Foster and Smith because I need some more Excel and a few other things, so I was just wondering if there is anything else I should be dosing that might help out.

The tank is a 50 gallon with black flourite, driftwood, and two 36" 25 watt DIY T8 tubes overdriven. You can see the tank here. I think the Excel is doing something good because I have just been using that every other day for the past few weeks and now the new growths are growing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (195/100%)
I wouldn't change a thing if your tank is looking good and the plants are growing well.

If you do want to make things look bigger and bushier and greener, and keep the Excel dosing up, you could check out macros. Small doses of NPK can sometimers improve plant health. It all depends on what's there to start with though. Perhaps lots of fish provide some of it, and some tap waters also contain N and P.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ok sounds good. I'll def keep using excel. I have some Leaf Zone that I have had laying around for awhile but never use it. Would it hurt to put that in there? I probably don't have much nitrate now because I dont have that many fish. Once I get a few more larger ones, that will probably add to it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode