flourish or tropica plant nutrition - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
flourish or tropica plant nutrition

hello everyone,

I'm a newb so bear with me.

Im currently dosing my high tech tank with the various flourish ferts. i dose the Fe, the regular flourish, and the K twice a week, and flourish excel every two days.

Admittedly this is expensive and i want to cut down on price. I just bought tropica plant nutrition and wanted to know if this can be used in lieu of my other flourish ferts and simply just add flourish excel.

In other words, does the tropica plant nutrition replace the need to use the Flourish Fe, K, and trace or should i still add the individual elements.

As for dry ferts, i'm not ready for that yet. Seems a little complicated and i'm taking things slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I think the Tropica that you can get here in the States is just micros. The Tropica + is the one that also contains macros.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to bradac56 Send a message via MSN to bradac56 Send a message via Yahoo to bradac56 Send a message via Skype™ to bradac56
"Plant Nutrition" is K
"Plant Nutrition +" is N+P

but you still need micro's and C02.

I don't think Tropica is any better or worse than the Flourish line and personally I like pfertz.com's NPK+M products better since it has the same results when used with Excel in my low-light tanks and lasts longer (when I buy it, I switch back and forth from dry to it so it probably lasts longer for me).

- Brad

Proud member of the
and the

VICTOR PIMP #58 -
VTS-253A-320 x2, VTS-253D-320, VTS-253A-1993-320.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
I was lucky enough to have a Tropica employee see a thread I started about Pogostemon Erectum that he wanted and shipped me the TPN+ some plants and TPN+ Capsules in exchange.

Either way it is great stuff but is quite expensive, thats why I only use it in my Nano.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I also like the Pfertz line as well. I do use Flourish Excel though, in my Nano tank, along with Co2. I also use the Seachem Flourish Fe in conjunction with Pfertz as some of my plants need the extra Fe.
For results and simplicity, I am more of a Pfertz fan, with the addition of Seachem Fe

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
thank you everyone. Where can i buy pfertz?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to bradac56 Send a message via MSN to bradac56 Send a message via Yahoo to bradac56 Send a message via Skype™ to bradac56
http://www.pfertz.com

- Brad

Proud member of the
and the

VICTOR PIMP #58 -
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Hi,

Do you guys happen to know the shelf life of Pfertz Micros? I would like to try it as a supplement to my TPN/TMG dosing.

"Ich Hatte Einen Kameraden"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

At least a year I think that's the longest I've had a bottle last physically and I didn't see any degradation.

- Brad

Proud member of the
and the

VICTOR PIMP #58 -
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Thanks. Just got an e mail from Pfertz saying that it can last several years if kept in a cool, dry place. Pfertz answered my question in about 20 min. Good business practice for them, I am impressed.

Quote:
Hi Constantin,

The shelf-life of our micros solution is at least several years, possibly longer if it is always kept in a cool, dark place. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Alex

"Ich Hatte Einen Kameraden"

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode