Admins - What Happened to "CSM+B Toxicity Experiment" Thread?? - The Planted Tank Forum
 14Likes
  • 2 Post By WaterLife
  • 4 Post By burr740
  • 4 Post By Wasserpest
  • 18 Post By somewhatshocked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Admins - What Happened to "CSM+B Toxicity Experiment" Thread??

I am wondering what happened to this thread - we had over 20 pages of activity on it as of last night. I am the OP and it's nowhere in my profile stats either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Probably removed it since a few members were getting a bit personal. While I agree that it needed to be controlled at that point, there was TONS of great research there. If it truly was deleted that is just a shame. It probably needed to be locked or something since it was starting to get out of control. I REALLY hope it was not just deleted.....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarl_10gal View Post
Probably removed it since a few members were getting a bit personal. While I agree that it needed to be controlled at that point, there was TONS of great research there. If it truly was deleted that is just a shame. It probably needed to be locked or something since it was starting to get out of control. I REALLY hope it was not just deleted.....
OK, very well. I would hope you could delete the inappropriate posts and keep the rest.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Exactly, my thought..... Or suspend the members causing issues or something..... You cant delete the 18 great pages of discussion based on 2 off based pages of personal attacks, just delete the bad stuff.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
My guess is they took down the thread temporarily to edit out the info the was not pertinent (i.e. personal attacks). It will probably be back up tonite with a warning to a few users.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah I sure hope it's not deleted. I was subscribed to that thread and it's no longer in my subscription.
Tons of great info on that thread to take into consideration.

I kind of hope those contributing good info aren't punished/suspended. Sure, give them a warning and remind them to keep things civil, edit out the personal attacks, and have a calm debate. Discussions can always get heated, but if they are contributing reasonable information I would hope they can remain active to further keep the debate going (for the hobby sake). And so, I would hope the thread would not be locked either. Still much to be tested/learned.
Positron and Positron like this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (538/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
My guess is they took down the thread temporarily to edit out the info the was not pertinent (i.e. personal attacks). It will probably be back up tonite with a warning to a few users.
I hope you are correct, but I wouldnt hold my breath.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

PTrader: (15/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilocg View Post
I hope you are correct, but I wouldnt hold my breath.
I wouldn't hold my breath, either, especially if you've been on TPT for a while.

And it wasn't a few users, it was just one.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I certainly didn't contribute in the most positive light with my last post. I apologize about that. Hopefully we'll be able to gain access to the bulk of the observations on that thread. There were months worth!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (123/100%)
Man there was some great research and personal experiences in that thread. Lots of stuff I'd planned to refer back to.

Please restore it if there's any way possible.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Very informative thread with a ton of research and numbers... gone.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (192/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Correct.

Also, please (everyone) familiarize yourselves with our Acceptable Use Policy, linked on the bottom of your screen.

Quote:
9. Do not start threads about "why was my thread deleted." Private message a moderator to resolve the issue.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Just a reminder that stirring the pot is a quick way to find yourself suspended for an extended period of time or permanently banned if you have a history of pot-stirring. Seems like it's always one or two who constantly cause drama, attack others and act as if whatever issue of the moment is the end of their world.

Remember, folks, that this is a plant forum. This is not life or death. We're here to have fun, share our tanks, learn, discover and be a part of a community. You can keep it friendly or you can refrain from posting. It's pretty simple.

A few bad apples can ruin things for everybody, unfortunately, and another moderator had to move the thread from the forum TEMPORARILY so all 20 pages can be edited to remove insults and attacks. Once the moderation team gets through its to-do list (remember, we're volunteers), the thread will be edited and moved back to the main forum.
happi, happi, Positron and 15 others like this.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode