Dry fert for EI dosing sellers in US - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Dry fert for EI dosing sellers in US

I saw a few links in the sticky about the EI sellers. I am new to this. I use liquid fert but when that runs out, I will switch to EI. Still doing my research about EI. So I am trying to get an idea of what all to buy (make a list), Where to buy and the quantity.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the two I found in this forum
1. Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Home - I wish they had a better website and some more explanation
2. Dry Fertilizer - Nilocg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by plantetra; 10-09-2015 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Removal of details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 02:58 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
In general, for EI, you will require:

Potassium nitrate
Potassium phosphate
A trace mix (e.g. Plantex CSM+B)

Depending on your water hardness, you may want a GH booster (usually a mixture of calcium sulfate, potassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate).

Some people like to have potassium sulfate in addition to the above just in case they have potassium hungry plants.

Also, please note that vendor reviews are not permitted, regardless of whether they are positive or negative.

Regarding sources, aside from the sellers that are on these forums, you can also check out local hydroponics stores.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for pointing that out. Ill remove that but I hope I am allowed to get more sources.

GH Booster - When you say hard, is there a number associated with it?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Many also include additional Iron.
DTPA Fe 10% is very common.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
similar and both are excellent. can't bit there prices. ordered many times, only great feedback.
the easiest is to buy individual fertilizers and mix yourself, if you are not afraid to use some calculators and figure out what and how.
buy a package of each from the formula you want to use. that will last you a long time (what tank?)

46 Bowfront:

CAPS - Chicago Aquatic Plant Society
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

So
1.Pottasium Nitrate
2.pottasium phosphate
3.Plantex(CSM+B)
4.GH Booster(mixture of calcium sulfate, potassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate if required)
5.Pottasium Sulphate(For pottasium hungry plants)
6.Iron(DTPA Fe 10%)

So far.

Will this list cover the ingredients of Seachem Flourish, Nitrogen, Pottasium, Phosphorous, Trace, Iron combined? This is what I dose now.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
pm nilocg. he will answer your questions and set you up.
plantetra and plantetra like this.

+++++++++++++++++++
Just started Nano

++++++++++++++++++++
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
similar and both are excellent. can't bit there prices. ordered many times, only great feedback.
the easiest is to buy individual fertilizers and mix yourself, if you are not afraid to use some calculators and figure out what and how.
buy a package of each from the formula you want to use. that will last you a long time (what tank?)
I saw some calculators online. I have a 20G heavily planted with paintball CO2, Eco Complete, drop checker, timed solenoid CO2 and other good stuffs.
Plants
Bacopa
Dwarf Hairgrass
Wisteria
Anubias
Microsword
Red Ludwigia
Amazon Sword
Styro.... Repens etc

I have Ghost shrimp and RCS. So I have to be careful of dosing schedule

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Algae Grower

I bought my ferts from GLA:

Aquarium Plant Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums
plantetra and plantetra like this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Shortly - yes.

46 Bowfront:

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichy View Post
pm nilocg. he will answer your questions and set you up.
Nilocg is a sponsor? Didn know. Thats awesome. Thanks I will do that but before that I would like to know my options and I also have atleast 2 months worth supply of Seachem Liquid stuffs. Planning ahead.

Bump:
Quote:
Shortly - yes.
Do you see any special need plants in the above list? Most plants survived a year atleast and easy plants. But RCS is a recent addition so I am a bit concerned with the switch.

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

i do not see anything tha requires special ferts.
macros are macros, and Plantex(CSM+B) contains essentially everything you need at micro level.
Also, you do change water, if it is not RO/DI that it also contains tons of good things

I do not keep RCS, but know that people dose EI full schedule, adn have no problem with that. I will leave this to be confirmed for pros with RCS.

46 Bowfront:

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
i do not see anything tha requires special ferts.
macros are macros, and Plantex(CSM+B) contains essentially everything you need at micro level.
Also, you do change water, if it is not RO/DI that it also contains tons of good things

I do not keep RCS, but know that people dose EI full schedule, adn have no problem with that. I will leave this to be confirmed for pros with RCS.
There are few topics on shrimps and EI. I am following all that. No solid answers yet.

Thanks for the info. I am using tap water with Prime(used Ammo lock before). I do water in water out water change method. So I assume that this will have to be accurate for the reset. Its a recent setup so I am still adjusting to timing it right. Can I dose alternate days and do water change once in 2 weeks? Its not that I cannot change water every week but sometimes I am gone for 2 weeks at a time. Planning ahead for such a situation.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:42 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

well, then do PPS-Pro dossing, or a variation of that, and you can be less strict with 50% WC weekly.

46 Bowfront:

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PPS - Pro dosing?? What is that? OMG it took me almost a week to make some sense about EI dosing.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode