New planted tank with cloudy water. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New planted tank with cloudy water.

I recently set up a 65 gallon freshwater with plants. The water has been cloudy since the start of the set up. It had been set up on Monday and plants were added on Thursday. I have a aqua top cf500 canister with uv filtration. My lights are 36" current satellite plus freshwater LEDs. I'm new to the hobby so Any advice is great. I used tap water and conditioned it with prime. I also used tetra start up liquid. Yesterday I used clarity to see if it would help with the milky cloudiness but it seems to have stayed the same if not worse.

Bump:

Bump:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	491530  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	491538  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cloudy water

The tetra safe start will do that . the cloudyness is the bacteria bloom from the safe start. Be sure you have a source of ammonia for the bacteria to feed on or it will die off. Add a couple of zebra danios. The water will clear up in a short time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just an observation, you seem to have aluminum plant. If that's the case, that not a true aquatic plant. It's normally used in ripariums and such.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

The manager at the store I bought the plants told me those would be great in it but I had no idea it was not a true aquatic or I never would have bought it. Also as far as the tetra safe goes, one guy told me to add so much every week but the manager told me to use the whole bottle at once, now I'm not sure if I will be shopping there again.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Safestart

Always go by the directions on the bottle.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 02:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You have to choose your store. Some are really there jist for tje money. Sad but that's the way it is. It's why this forum is so great.

I don't know how long your tank has been setup, but give a chance to nature to do its job.

|
|
|
|
|
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 03:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Agreed. Every tank I've ever set up has had some clouding issue. Give it time.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode