Dosing pump question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Dosing pump question

I have a gallon container of metricide that I want to dose, but I was hoping to do it with a dosing pump that has measurements on it. Does anyone know where I can buy one that just replaces the cap? I can't seem to put the right words together to find what I am looking for.

Artist rendition:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ive something that will help you..

Ive got quite a few of these, its a Luer Lock on one end and a tube connector on the other with a retaining nut to hold it in place.

You drill a hole in your metricide lid, install this in the hole with the Luer lock side on the outside of the lid.. on the inside of the bottle run enough tube to reach the bottom and toss an air check valve in the middle somewhere.

The end result allows you to attach a Luer Lock syrenge to the top of your bottle and extract exactly how much solution you need without spilling a single drop... the check valve keeps the fill tube full and free of air.

I can send you a couple through the mail if you want to try them out.. Ive even got caps for these somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5 Gal Tropic Nano w/SunSun 603b,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
That is interesting. But I was just planning on having the pump thing set beside my sump and just pump it straight into the sump daily. I was trying to make it as easy as possible on me.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you want as easy as possible look at one of these nice units, you can do Macros, Micros, Metricide and RO top off
http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Programmable-Auto-Dosing-Pump/dp/B00LZUZD74

I very nearly went with that for my automated dosing, the only reason I didnt was because of my automated PWC needs me dosing gH and kH boosters as the tank is filling.. for timing purposes it was easier to integrate it into my controller than using a stand-alone unit.. These work even better with a sump because all the hoses can remain hidden.

The item your seeking dont exist, at least not one that is the least bit accurate.. You are asking for Dispensing Pumps that are accurate enough to be used for dosing.
I guess you could try various bottles and see if you can find one that consistently outputs what you need with a single pump, like these: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23438

Maybe one of these containers might work for you.

5 Gal Tropic Nano w/SunSun 603b,

Last edited by nayr; 05-29-2015 at 11:21 PM. Reason: fixed

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode