Is my api test kit not working properly? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Is my api test kit not working properly?

My ammonia test is clear. According to the test sheet it should be yellow. Is this how your api kit shows 0 ppm? I want a test kit to test more of my parameter as well just starting a planted tank. What type of test kit is best to test for iron calcium nitrogen phosphates etc?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150503_085725_1430658197585.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	469418  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Did you use both ammonia test solutions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Lol whoops just went through instructions. I can be a goober

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Algae Grower

Hahaha I love how most people never look at instruction papers.. Yes sometimes its useless but for Most Aquarium products Reading the instruction can be important!

Oh and make sure to follow the nitrate test instructions, you really gotta shake the bottles up a long time for a accurate test, I see your nitrates at 0. Maybe you did not follow instructions for the nitrates too? you gotta shake until your hands/arms hurt!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
With the test kit, make sure to follow the instructions to the letter. And when you do the nitrate test, shake the ever living [censored][censored][censored][censored] out of bottle number two. Banging it on the table while you do.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Lol yup I hate instructions I now understand for my tanks sake I might as well read them. Thanks for the replies! My second question still stands as to which test would be best to test nutrients in my water column? Should I go with the seachem series since I mostly use there products anyways? And do they sell a all in one kit?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimnschools View Post
Lol yup I hate instructions I now understand for my tanks sake I might as well read them. Thanks for the replies! My second question still stands as to which test would be best to test nutrients in my water column? Should I go with the seachem series since I mostly use there products anyways? And do they sell a all in one kit?
I use Hagen Iron test works fine but I guess any Iron test kit will do its down to preference in brands. Also I dont test calcium in my setup and I dont think alot of people do either. There are no test kit for magnesium freshwater(from what ive seen) and for Nitrogen im not 100% sure but your Nitrates is your nitrogen. Phosphates I use API drops works well and its easy test to perform

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Ah i see thanks

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode