A good place to purchase dry ferts? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
A good place to purchase dry ferts?

I'm trying to find dry ferts for a reasonable price. I was thinking of going the Rex Grigg route. I'm also looking at the Green Leaf products. So basically what I'm wondering is where do you all get your ferts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)
My boy Orlando has them too.
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/aq...ertilizer.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
I have had good experiences buying from both places linked above.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Seiryoku
I love GLA (best customer service I've come across in ages), but had to go with www.AquariumFertilizer.com for dry ferts.

Main reason was how close they are to me here in California compared to GLA in Florida. The shipping from GLA was ~$36, AquariumFertilizer was ~$12.

FW - 36x24x20, Starphire, Rimless
SW - 24x24x24, Starphire, Rimless
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Thanks a lot everyone. This has really helped me decide what to get.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Used both and like both. I wish GLA will sell Ferrous Gluconate and CaCl2 2H2O.

"Ich Hatte Einen Kameraden"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
Aquarium Fertilizers shipping is very cheap. I'm in N.Y. and it got to me quickly and shipping was inexpensive. Ferts are priced reasonably and they carry Ferrous Gluconate

Dan
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantra View Post
Aquarium Fertilizers shipping is very cheap. I'm in N.Y. and it got to me quickly and shipping was inexpensive. Ferts are priced reasonably and they carry Ferrous Gluconate

Dan
Hi,

Yes, I am in NYC also and I got my ferts from them real fast and cheap shipping but, they don't sell 10% DTPA and CaCl2. So, when I order ferts, I have to order from GLA and AquariumFertilizer to get what I want. That's OK. no complains.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

barbarossa4122 that's true. The Iron Chelate is 13% (EDTA as Chelator) I actually received an order from Aquarium Fertilizer on monday. This is what the label says for Iron Chelate:

I also ordered Ferrous Gluconate which I can only find in powder form from Aquarium Fertilizer as well, here is what the label looks like.

I did what you did and ordered from GLA for my DPTA Iron Chelate a while ago. Shipping was a little more expensive than Aquarium Fertilizer and it did take longer for the package to get to me which I was surprised about considering it was shipped from Florida, (I'm in N.Y.) but I wasn't in a rush so it didn't matter to me. Here is the label:

By the way, here is Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) at Aquarium Fertilizer. I also purchased that from them as well months ago.

It would be great to get it all from one location which would save us some money and make things a lot easier as opposed to having to purchase what we need from two or more locations from different parts of the country. (I can dream, can't I)

Dan
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

barbarossa4122, I forgot to mention that I get my dispensing bottles from U.S. Plastics. They have the 500ml bottles as well as the 250ml bottles. They are very inexpensive and if you buy bulk, you'll get a discount.

The bulk discount offer may be good if people wanted to do a group order type of thing. Just thought I let you know.

Dan
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
barbarossa4122 that's true. The Iron Chelate is 13% (EDTA as Chelator) I actually received an order from Aquarium Fertilizer on monday. This is what the label says for Iron Chelate:

I also ordered Ferrous Gluconate which I can only find in powder form from Aquarium Fertilizer as well, here is what the label looks like.

I did what you did and ordered from GLA for my DPTA Iron Chelate a while ago. Shipping was a little more expensive than Aquarium Fertilizer and it did take longer for the package to get to me which I was surprised about considering it was shipped from Florida, (I'm in N.Y.) but I wasn't in a rush so it didn't matter to me. Here is the label:

By the way, here is Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) at Aquarium Fertilizer. I also purchased that from them as well months ago.

It would be great to get it all from one location which would save us some money and make things a lot easier as opposed to having to purchase what we need from two or more locations from different parts of the country. (I can dream, can't I)

Dan
As a bit of a side note, I thought I'd mention the directions on the package for making up a 10,000 ppm solution of ferrous gluconate are incorrect but have been updated on the website. It's 95 grams or approximately 8.5 tbsp per liter of water.

http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/in...ditU=2&Regit=1
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
barbarossa4122, I forgot to mention that I get my dispensing bottles from U.S. Plastics. They have the 500ml bottles as well as the 250ml bottles. They are very inexpensive and if you buy bulk, you'll get a discount.

The bulk discount offer may be good if people wanted to do a group order type of thing. Just thought I let you know.

Dan
Thanks a lot for the link Dantra. They are real cheap and I am ordering 7 right now.

Edit: Just bought 7 16oz bottles for $ 18.02 shipping included.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

Hi Dantra,

I did send an e-mail to GLA yesterday inquiring about Ferrous Gluconate and CaCl2. Orlando answered right back ( about 20min ) and this is his reply:

Quote:
We have ferrous gluconate on the way. We do have CAcl2 available but we do not sell it on our web site.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
As a bit of a side note, I thought I'd mention the directions on the package for making up a 10,000 ppm solution of ferrous gluconate are incorrect but have been updated on the website. It's 95 grams or approximately 8.5 tbsp per liter of water.

http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/in...ditU=2&Regit=1
Thank you Jeff5614. I'll be waiting for GLA to get it in and then I'll order some. I have pleanty of all kinds of Fe right now. I bought some cheap Flourish Iron from Petstore.com. Is Flourish Iron Pond but, the Seachem representative told me that I can use it exactly the same as regular Seachem Iron.
http://www.petstore.com/Seachem_Pond...PDPCPC-vi.html

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode