CO2 question... I know we need another one right? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
CO2 question... I know we need another one right?

I am really thinking about diving into a Co2 system soon probably around fall time. Right now Im running a mid size Eheim Canister, Coralife Low Output t5 fixture with Flourite as my substrate.

I need some opinions on who sells good equipment, which systems to avoid, and of course what is the least expensive system I could run. I do not plan to move to a bigger tank or such.

Are any of the regulators similar or the same that you would use on a welding setup? I have access to some of that equipment for fairly cheap.

Forgot to mention the tank is only a 40 gal Oceanic tank.

Thanks for your help guys, this forum is hugely overflooded by this topic thus making it hard to read through the many arguments and obtain clarity, at least for me.

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to jjp2
The regulators we use are typically for beverage (beer kegs or soda) and welding. There is a range in quality, with Harris and Victor (and some others) dual stage regulators on the high end and single stages on the other. A good single stage such as a conelius, azoo works well. I would suggest avoiding the milwaukee and red sea.

You will need a solenoid to control it with the lights and a good needle valve. The needle valve makes a huge difference. A good one is the Fabco NV-55. This is about a $25 item. A bad needle valve will cause you lots of headaches.

Some sites to visit ...

http://www.rexgrigg.com
http://www.sumoregulator.com
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com

The rexgrigg site has lots of information on getting started with CO2. He also builds and sells kits. I have one of his. Sumo and Greenleaf are also run by fellow hobbists that post here. All have great products and support.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
i just got a regulator in the mail from Rex yesterday,made to order, 5lb tank came today, now i just need a fill

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode