Water cloudiness...**Come on guys let's take a look please**I found the cause**Help** - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Water cloudiness...**Come on guys let's take a look please**I found the cause**Help**

Hola amigos,

I'm having some problems with water cloudiness. I took out some plants include the heir grass and make a mess in the water as you can imagine, but it's been two weeks since them and still cloudy.

In addition, to taking out some plants I add two power heads to improve the water circulation due to some algae problems. I have clean the filters twice already and add Purigen and Carbon with no results.

What else can I do? Would this affect my fish and plants?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lopez_316us; 03-12-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
What are your nitrogen numbers?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I put 100ml into my Eheim filter....

But the thing is that I add the Purigen a weeks after I took out the plants out and re-scape. The purigen clear the water a bit, but still cloudy after a week with purigen and carbon.

To make it more clear, I re-scape and wait one week, but water still cloudy. After that I add purigen and carbon in the filters and wait another week and still cloudy.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bump

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Another bumpi!!!!!

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

:ico n_arro:icon _bigg

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
Px please. Is it greenwater? Is it just cloudy?

Just keeping on keeping on....

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looks cloudy..

I'm loading the pictures... Please give a few minutes

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Pictures..

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This I just took now...

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Blackout, diatom filter, UV sterilizer. Pick one.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM

as epic posts, any of the three above should help.

BTW your substrate, is that Eco Complete? or an equivalent? and is this a new set up?
have you tried a flocculent if so.

also the nitrogen number? ie ammonia = ? ppm Nitrate= ? ppm Nitrate= ? ppm
not carbon or activated Carbon

BTW very nice looking tank setup
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

Sorry I forgot to post the aspect of my tank...

It's been setup for almost 2 years now.

60g
260W 7.5 Hours a day
Pressurize CO2
Eco-Complete
Ehiem 2215
Pro-Magnum 350

----------------------------

Ammonia 0ppms
Nitrites 0ppms
Nitrates 10-20ppms
Ph 6.2~6.6
GH 5
KG 4
Temp 78F

Is this green water? Bacteria Bloom? DO you thing that is to much flow in the tank?

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez_316us View Post
Thanks guys,

Sorry I forgot to post the aspect of my tank...

It's been setup for almost 2 years now.

60g
260W 7.5 Hours a day
Pressurize CO2
Eco-Complete
Ehiem 2215
Pro-Magnum 350

----------------------------

Ammonia 0ppms
Nitrites 0ppms
Nitrates 10-20ppms
Ph 6.2~6.6
GH 5
KG 4
Temp 78F

Is this green water? Bacteria Bloom? DO you thing that is to much flow in the tank?

Ahh now with that info like epic points out... i would suspect Greenwater, a blackout will clear that, course that is not gonna be so good for the plants.

And i assume the Eco Complete has been in for the whole duration. when i first installed Eco Complete my water stayed clouded for weeks, i added a flocculant, and the filter cleared in with in a day.
Yours is an established tank so i would more expect an algae bloom especially with that high a Nitrate level,That high of a light level even with a depth you have, and a Ph level indicating decent CO2 levels.
Again just my opinion here but thats what it looks like at this point.

I Think Epic Nailed it
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Why would you think that Nitrates of 10-20 ppm is high? This is a planted tank so 10-20 is a good number.
I had something that looks like yours one time before. What I did was perform 50 % water changes every third day. I also added a HOB filter with filter floss in it. I had to change the floss the same days as I changed the water. After a while it started to let up and finally went away. You just have to have patience and keep up the work. Or you can do what was mentioned earlier.
Joe

10 gallon hospital tank.
29 & 50 gallon - High Tech C02 enriched.
50 gallon Pond - Natural.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode