PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Iron auto dosing?

I have auto dosing pump Jebao (4 pumps) and I try to automatize dosing of:
1. pump KHNO3 + K2SO4 + MgSO4
2. pump
KH2PO4
3. easy life profito
4. easy life ferro

But look like this don`t working good, look like FERRO don`t look good if stay some time in pipes, maybe it is reaction with light or maybe evaporated water from aquarium come to pipe with ferro but first few drops don`t look like liquid, more look like in solid state...what you thinking about it?
Maybe will be better if I mix that small dosage of ferro to profito because profito already have iron but I need it more in aquarium?

Also, look like sometimes liquid from pipes return to bottles if pump stay bellow aquarium level and next time dosage will be wrong, maybe pump need to be at same level like end of pipes?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Not sure what is happening in the tubing, but can you dilute the fertilizers more, then run the pump a bit longer?

Yes. If the tube goes under the aquarium water, then it will siphon down into the containers with the fertilizers. This could be bad several ways. Worst: the whole tank could drain out.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

No no, tube is not under water, end of all tubes is few cm above water in aquarium...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 03:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Oh, OK, then I see what you are saying about fluid in the tube draining back.

As the supply or stock gets lower the pump may pump less each time, but if you have set it up and ran it from beginning to end of a cycle and actually measured how much really ends up in the tank, that is how you figure out the dose. The fertilizer remaining in the tube is not part of your measurement. Yes, it will vary as the stock volume varies.
You could set it up away from the tank, as long as the height from stock to tank is the same, or you could run it on the tank, but catch the amount that comes out.

If the stock bottle is above the tank then the siphon could run the other way, so I would keep it below the water level in the tank.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 03:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Is it advantageous to add check valves inline from the reservoir in the dosing lines to prevent the water from siphoning back if the water level gets too high?

Best,
Nate

Journals:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode