help with aquarium dry fertilizers - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
help with aquarium dry fertilizers

Hey wassap guys i was wondering if anyone could mention to me all the dry powder fetilizers i would need for my planted tank... and where i could get them... i heard u could get them from a garden store is this true? If not can you please list were i could get them .... online links or if i could get them at any store... also can anyone mention ideal water parameters for a plante tank with fish.. thank you any info is certainly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
I use the EI from greenleafaquarium

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 12:38 AM
Algae Grower

+1 for nilcog. Great seller fast shipping and less expensive than gla.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 01:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

I'm another happy customer of nilocg. He will set you up with the right dry ferts.

If I can remember, they're KNO3, KH2PO4, one other - could be K2SO4, and CSM+B, so you have nitrate, phosphorus and lots of Potassium, and microferts.

MY TANK: Planted 10g; 2 x 10W CFL; Fluval U2 internal filter; MGOCPM/black sand cap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
started April 18, 2012
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump421 View Post
+1 for nilcog. Great seller fast shipping and less expensive than gla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
I'm another happy customer of nilocg. He will set you up with the right dry ferts.

If I can remember, they're KNO3, KH2PO4, one other - could be K2SO4, and CSM+B, so you have nitrate, phosphorus and lots of Potassium, and microferts.
Agreed on both accounts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 02:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I got mine from nilcog too!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 03:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

The first three are macros. Mix into one bottle and dose 3 days per week. (EI method- there are other methods)

KNO3 provides nitrogen and potassium. Some tanks get a lot of nitrogen from fish food, so use less KNO3. (Hint: what is the NO3 level if you do not dose?)

KH2PO4 provides phosphorus. While it does have some potassium, it is dosed in such small amounts that it pretty much does not count as a source of potassium.

K2SO4 is optional. If your NO3 test shows that your tank is getting enough nitrogen from fish food, then get K2SO4 for the potassium.

The next are micros. Mix in a separate bottle from the macros, and dose the other 3 days per week (last day is a water change)
CSM+B
Chelated iron. Get DTPA-Fe if your pH is over 7. General guide is to add chelated iron to the CSM+B at the rate of 4 parts CSM+B: 1 part Iron. This is optional. Many people find there is enough iron in the CSM+B. Enough people want to add a bit more, though, that it is included as part of the recipe.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks guys ya'll are great... and are really making my research less stressful ... i was also wondering if ya'll had any suggestions on pressurized co2 from ebay ... i have diy c02 but after just a couple of days i stop getting bubbles im only 19 and very happy about learning more to keep my plants and fish healthy... any suggetions on pocket friendly co2 setups... since i have a 50 gallon and heard diy co2 wont be enough... i have intense lightning at 4wpg ...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Using Diana's post, you can go to nilocg's for sale thread and purchase the package that suites you best. Niloc is Colin backwards, not Oclin. His shipping is very prompt and he responds to pm in a timely manner.

Anywho, I just got turned onto dry fertilizers myself and his prices are very fair. Glad I made the switch from store bought liquid fertilizers. They tend to burn a hole in your wallet much faster than dry fertilizers.

Eheim Pimp #509
Finnex Club Member #31
The Fraternity of Dirt #146

Builds -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Pressurized CO2 is not cheap to get into. Once the investment is made (equipment purchased) it becomes a very inexpensive way to keep the plants thriving. Refills of CO2 are pretty cheap considering how long they last.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode