How much is ( excel strength ) for Glutaraldehyde solution ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
How much is ( excel strength ) for Glutaraldehyde solution ?

Hello

I have bought a 50% Glutaraldehyde solution and i want to dilute it for (excel strength) for dosing so how much should it be ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

I believe excel is 1.5% glute.
So my guess will be 6:1?
ADD;
Are you sure you have 50%?
I have bought 2 out 3 of the generic glutes and they are basically only 2x as strong as excel; only needing 50% mix at max.

AKA; RAMBANDIT
WHERE'S YOUR RAMS MAN?

Pictures of some of my fish;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fish for sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

yes am sure it is 50%

this is what i have

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (15/100%)
Where can I get some of this?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

I think my math is incorrect now!

AKA; RAMBANDIT
WHERE'S YOUR RAMS MAN?

Pictures of some of my fish;

Fish for sale

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamezawy View Post
Hello

I have bought a 50% Glutaraldehyde solution and i want to dilute it for (excel strength) for dosing so how much should it be ?
Hi Gamezawy,

Yes, the active ingredient in Excel is glutaraldehyde at 1.5% solution.

I do this all the time with 50% concentration; what total amount would you like to end up with? i.e. 500ml; 1 liter; 2 liters? I can tell you how many ml to use.

The 250 ml bottle in your pic will make a little over 8.4 liters.

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Don't recreate the wheel, use a calculator built just for this task:

wet's glutaraldehyde calculator:
http://glut.rota.la/

|
|

---------------------------------

|
|
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
Be very careful handling that 50% concentration of glutaraldehyde! It is not at all safe to get on your skin, in your eyes, or anywhere else on your body. I suggest using all of the safety equipment you can get ahold of before opening the bottle.

Hoppy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 11:30 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
Be very careful handling that 50% concentration of glutaraldehyde! It is not at all safe to get on your skin, in your eyes, or anywhere else on your body. I suggest using all of the safety equipment you can get ahold of before opening the bottle.
I'd like to echo this warning; 50% glutaraldehyde is very caustic and the fumes alone will be quite dangerous.

Please take the proper precautions when using this (goggles, gloves, respirator and/or fume cabinet, etc).

Anthony

and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice conversion tool kman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcutl002 View Post
Nice conversion tool kman.
Thx! Not mine, but kudos to "wet", as it's definitely handy.

|
|

---------------------------------

|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode