link plz - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
link plz

could someone please post a (or some) link to some good articles on pps dosing. (or you could just share your experience...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)
Send a message via AIM to imeridian
The aquatic plant forum of a central nature has everything you'd ever want to know about that dosing program.

75 Gallon Planted Tank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

well... how's it work? (not like "how well does it grow plants?" but the mechanics of it. not a chart either, i've found many of those.)

forgive me because i'm still a newb, but it looks like you're just making a solution that is dosed daily. this seems like something that could work for me because i'd forget my ass if it wasn't part of my daily routine.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)
Send a message via AIM to imeridian
Yes, one makes up a macro and a micro solution and doses that daily. That in and of itself isn't particularly unique to PPS as one can just as easily mix up a solution at EI levels and dose that daily. Essentially PPS provides the bare minimum of nutrients while EI provides a surplus. Seriously though, the other forum is a better place to ask about PPS. Most everyone here appears to use EI.

FWIW, I did use PPS for a period on a lower light non-CO2 tank. It seemed to work fine, but I inevitably grew nasty things in the ridiculously dilute solutions. I don't have that problem with my daily-dosed EI solutions.

75 Gallon Planted Tank
|

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)
Not sure if there's a "new" rule about linking to APC or other forums generally, but I'm not aware of it and it was never an issue in the past, so.....:

Check out some of the stickies:
APC-Fertilizing Forum

PPS Analysis and Feedback Forum

Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro

I moved away from PPS pretty quickly because it was not working for me. Now, please don't take that the way it sounds. The setup was quite different then normal and I had one or 2 other issues also. It was just easier to go back to what I was doing and deal with the other issues then try to continue on with a new fert regime and factor that into figuring out what was what.

I have never gotten back to it. But in the interim the lean v. EI, or lean v. surplus debates ensued here at PT. At the time I understood or thought I understood Tom's position and agreed with the general/larger points--but I disagreed with the details. However, I have learned a few more things since then. So, now I don't mind the surplus and no longer see the point of beating myself up trying to go lean.

Anyway, PPS is what? Basically lean EI for dummies? It's a leaner fert regime designed for the beginner or advance hobbyist. One of the issues of PPS was (maybe still is) GSA or GDA. You'll find a heck of a lot more info on it, people using it and everything else over at APC. Not trying to chase you off or anything--just trying to help you find the info you are seeking....

Last edited by Naja002; 12-03-2008 at 12:25 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thank you. i really just wanted to read up on it. i haven't made up my mind yet on which way i wanted to go as far as dosing goes. i'm terrible at doing 50% water changes on a schedule. lol + i seem to do a better job at doing things the same way daily as opposed to the other.

edit - today is tuesday, what am i supposed to do on tuesdays? lol

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode