Need some ideas - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Need some ideas

In the beginning of October I got a job working at a local plant. I'm working 50-60+ hours a week, and most of the time its 12 hour shifts (night shift, 4-4), and my tank is starting to show it. No algae once so ever in both the high tech and the low tech, but my high tech is showing deficiencies. I am pretty on top of it as far as dosing, and both tanks, always get their standard 50% water changes every sunday, no matter what.

My 10 gallon low tech gets no fertilizers, but my 40 gallon eats them all up and my plants towards the top of the stem itself aren't happy. I have 2 54 Watt T5HO, and my CO2 is cranking out. Uncountable. Fish are happy, the plants are happy for the most part, but my ludwigia (I think thats the name), is growing like mad, as usual, and its hard to keep up with dosing it, not only with Seachem's Aquavitro liquid ferts, and because of my hours. I mostly work sleep repeat. And feed the fish every other day. I've been starting to consider looking at dosing pumps since I'm also looking at getting into dry ferts too.

Does anyone have any recommendations on pumps? Or how to best do this? It would just be for the 40, but I also don't even know how much to do EI wise. These plants are so fertilizer crazy, especially since they are growing so fast. Most of my stems look quite nice, but a few that are just about at the top, are not happy once so ever, so getting a better grip on dosing ferts consistently would help. Are dosing pumps the best way to go? I use root tabs too, but these plants grow very fast (cut them in half at beginning of week, nearly up to the top by the end of the week).

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode