Do I change my dosing after a big trim? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Do I change my dosing after a big trim?

Just a quick question I had. So I am starting up my planted tank again after getting out to try reef tanks for a bit. I missed having a planted tank so I eventually came back and ditched the reef tank. However, I wasn't quite too knowledgeable when it came to water parameters. I dosed EI

So there's some context. My question is if I need to change my dosing amount after a large trim? I ask because I remember once when I was at aqua forest, one of the employees mentioned that having needle leaf java fern and Anubias nana in the tank helped out nutrient wise, since they would absorb excess nutrients after a trim. This is what I could remember, I may have misheard or misunderstood him. Is it true? Is it beneficial to have non stem plants like java fern and Anubias to absorb excess nutrients especially after a trim? If I didn't have those plants, would this mean I have to change to a lower amount after a trim? I dosed before, and will continue to dose EI method. Is it an issue with EI dosing since the point is to have an excess/ non limiting amount?

Thanks so much

o .
. O
0 .
><///">
--- wasn't me bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Keep your dosing the same, it'll be fine. Excessive nutrients don't hurt anything so long as the plant health and growth is good.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode