I have been dosing fertz with seachem and maintaining the correct recommended levels but it just got out of control expensive. I recently switched to the EI method with a liquid solution made up of dry fertz and plantex CSM+B. As soon as I added the plantex, my tank went super cloudy. The mixes are made with RO water. They were mixed according to the http://calc.petalphile.com
calculator for 15ml dosing from a 1.5L solution. I am only dosing 10ml of it since the plants are only on the bottom.
Algae bloom? UV Inline
Bacterial bloom? UV inline
Chelated Iron? I read that using distilled water with CSM+B may help with keeping the iron chelated. I used RO.
1. Why if I did a 70% water change and not add any more CSM+B did the cloudy water not go away?
2. Can I/Should I change 100% of the water?
3. If I use flourish instead of CSM+B, will the plants get enough micros and the cloudiness go away?
4. I was at OSH and they sell a liquid chelated iron 2% with zinc. Is that safe to use in the tank?
5. Could it be the Macro solution?
6. How do I get rid of the cloudy water?
Thanks for your help
12 gallon long
finnex ray 2 - taped every other row of LEDs to knock down the PAR and 6 hour photo period
hydor inline heater
neptune apex jr
UV 10W inline
pH 6.4-6.8 (night-day)
Iron 0 - but i stopped dosing the CSM+B for 4 days
2 SAE (one 4" and one 2")
16 rummy nose (overstocked - I know)
HC across the entire tank growing very slowly but green
Green Algae on glass and stone (not BBA)