Salty Shrimp gh/kh+ in liquid form - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Salty Shrimp gh/kh+ in liquid form

I just got some salty shrimp gh/kh+ however currently I only need it for water changes for a 10gal rcs tank which is 2-3 gallons at a time. I was wondering due to the the big measuring spoon provided I am not able to accurately mix a few gallons at a time so would I:

1. be able to create a liquid form of gh/kh remineralizer in a small bottle (1liter) form

&

2. store the liquid for a long period of time without any negative affects

I know people do this all the time for macros but only because there is no major chemical binding involved. I'm not sure about what the powder consists of but I would like the ease of simply measuring liquid as it's more accurate to dose in smaller amounts.

If not, I may have to look for either smaller spoons or a liquid remineralizer as I am convinced that copper is leaking from my tap hence the slow deaths of my shrimps.

Well the snail trap is not working. Maybe wrong bait. I did not have cucumber or cabbage at home so I put some banana instead but they all climb to the wall of the tank. Maybe they know it is a trap. Will try one more night and observe. This time with cucumber which is recommended. ~ CHUNTC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (149/100%)
Hmm never heard of making a salty shrimp liquid solution. I'm curious to know as well if it's possible without any stabilizers, etc so it gets dissolved in tank water easily in the tanks without the snow shower.

20 gallon - Sulawesi Golden rabbit snails/Japanese Trapdoor snails/RCS/Marbled crayfish tank
55 gallon - Rainbowfish Dutch scape low-tech planted tank

250 gallon - Community Tiger Oscar/Red hook silver dollar/Silver dollars/PB Jack Dempsey/Clown loaches/Tinfoil barb/Roseline sharks/Bala shark Monster fish tank
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Thanks for the offer dasob85 but I'll try to use what I already have. I just ordered some mini measuring spoons and hope that one of those come close enough for a gallon worth of water remineralized.

Well the snail trap is not working. Maybe wrong bait. I did not have cucumber or cabbage at home so I put some banana instead but they all climb to the wall of the tank. Maybe they know it is a trap. Will try one more night and observe. This time with cucumber which is recommended. ~ CHUNTC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (538/100%)
Can you just get a 5 gallon bucket and mix up 5 gallons worth and store the rest until you need it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Without knowing what's in it and the analysis it's hard to say. If you have any of that information I may be able to help. Does the label have ingredients and analysis listings?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode