Micro Solution Storage Questiob - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Micro Solution Storage Questiob

Hi everyone! I had a questions, as I just started dry dosing. I ordered the PPS Pro pack from GreenLeafAquariums.com as well as the chelated Iron.
Now, I've read about people adding Excel to the Micro solution to keep it from molding - could I use CO2 Booster to do this as well? Since they're basically the same thing(right)?? I don't have Excel just the CO2 Booster. Also, what other method could I use to keep the Micro solution from molding/going bad?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
You should be able to use co2 booster instead as (if i'm thinking of the same co2 booster) it's still glutaraldehyde. Another option to keep it from molding is refrigerating it. I think you could also use a small amount of E202 Potassium Sorbate like this page suggests to inhibit mold: http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi hollo,

Welcome to TPT!

Yes, you can use CO2 Booster exactly the same as Seachem Excel. I use about 20 ml of Excel strength glutaraldehyde per 500 ml of micro solution to prevent mold forming. I tried darkness, it did not work. Refrigeration was not an option.

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode