I have eco complete, but I think I know what happened. After I put them yesterday, then I rescaped and few of the pellets floated to the surface, I must've busted the casing. I did 50% water change just this morning as soon I tested the high nitrates. I just now tested again and it's down to 40%, so I'm doing another 50% water change again tomorrow. I would like to have my nitrates around 10ppm. My water change routine is 30% twice a week. I wouldn't mind doing emergency water change, it's just I use 75-25 RO/TAP, so it's a little more work collecting the RO. Anyway, I'm just going to use the seachem root tabs next time to avoid this thing from happening again.
What tipped me off, all the fish are swimming out of sync, and we all know when something is not right, although the RCS didn't seem to be affected. I normally do my water testing once a month, now I need to do it every few days until I'm sure there's no more leaching out of the tabs.
I didn't realize how fragile are the casings, I'm sure the rest of them are buried deep, that should be good for a month.
Last edited by HUNTER; 07-29-2014 at 09:27 PM.