Algaefix removal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Algaefix removal

I added back in my carbon and Purigen about 4 days ago, after a 90% water change (there was about an inch of water left), and was curious as to how long carbon/Purigen take to get rid of Algaefix?

I am going to be picking up a few amanos to eat the dead hair algae and any new stuff that might come up, since it's near impossible to pick all the algae out of moss, and don't want to be putting them in to a tank that could kill them.

If it matters I've also been doing 50% water changes every day following the addition of the carbon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
You should be fine, you pribably only needed to do the water change but the carbon and purigen defibitely would have taken care of it. Amanos are pretty tolorant of algaefix btw, ive treated tanks woth amanos in them and yes they dont like it bit they do survive so you should definitely be fine adding in the amano shrimp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Okay that makes me feel a lot better. On the upside, if anyone wants another way to kill hydra, algaefix works All my hydra turned white and died within 24 hours of the first dose.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Soprano View Post
Okay that makes me feel a lot better. On the upside, if anyone wants another way to kill hydra, algaefix works All my hydra turned white and died within 24 hours of the first dose.
Hm thats useful, too bad most people only worry about hydra in shrimp tanks and most shrimp dont do too well with algaefix

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

It's eventually going to house Tiger Shrimp, whenever I actually order them in, but I was having a hydra issue, and the hydra were part of the delay lol. Lo and behold, the Algaefix did it! All gone.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in