37g planted tank issues - L018 w/ swords, + possible overstocking issues - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital
37g planted tank issues - L018 w/ swords, + possible overstocking issues

My pleco (L018) golden nugget pleco... it seems like he tries to suck on the swords, as sometimes they algae on them. I think he might be too rough on them though. These are plantlet swords from the mother plant in my 90. I'm thinking of just moving him down into that tank.

I do feed him wafers every other day. But the angels seem to like them too... So sometimes he doesn't get as much as he would probably like. I have this issue as well in my 120g with getting wafers to my plecos in there, even after the oscars are full. :T

Anyway, I'm stuck, looking for some feedback everyone! Tell me what you think....

I think I have no choice other than move him from my 37g to my 90g.

Plecos are just too big of poopers for anything smaller than 75g imo.

The mix with 2 breeder size angels 3-4" TL, 5 black phantom tetras 1" TL, 5 green emerald cories 2-2.5" TL, 2 SAE's 3" TL, and a golden nugget (L018) 4.5" TL, is just too much for my 37g planted.

I do waterchanges of 30% weekly, and gravel vacs along with the water changes.

My plants are starting to not look as good, I'm thinking that is from the small amount of NH, and NO3.

My substrate is flourite black gravel, and 130w corallife 6700k PC, 12 hrs a day.

I think I'm over stocked. Which fish would you move? I'm thinking of taking my 2 panda cories out of my 90g and moving them upstairs, but after moving the 5 cories, or the pleco. I think the plants are paying for it.

Here's my parameters.

Here is a pic of one of my newer plants, I forget the name, but it's wilting bad in my 37g, where as in my 90g with regular gravel they are still doing well, under 170watts.

Notice how the cabomba is seeming to grow smaller at the top and also has a reddish, brownish, yellowish tint to it? In my 90g they don't do that.

All these things lead me to feel that I could be overstocked. Which is something that I don't like to do. I guess the biological filter can't take it.

So help me out, give me some insight on what you would do! Thanks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode