Anyone have a seachem 10 gal plant dosing regime? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone have a seachem 10 gal plant dosing regime?

have the whole line but iron and excell but doing 2 liter diy co2... and have ada aquasoil...

just wondering if anyone can give me a dosing regime or if I should just follow seachems and try to dose very small amounts using the pipette and or cap up to first thread or whatever if i can...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned

PTrader: (19/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by three105 View Post
have the whole line but iron and excell but doing 2 liter diy co2... and have ada aquasoil...

just wondering if anyone can give me a dosing regime or if I should just follow seachems and try to dose very small amounts using the pipette and or cap up to first thread or whatever if i can...
I use pipettes.

This link includes an Excel based Seachem dosing calculator that I wrote. It should help you. There's some other info too.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...-medicine.html

EHEIM PIMP #164
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Classic 2011, Classic 2213, Classic 2217, ECCO 2236, Pro II 2028, Liberty 2040, Liberty 2042

VICTOR PIMP #1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VTS253A-1993, VTS250B-580, VTS253D-320, HPT500-40-350-4M, SGT500-40-4F-DK
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/94%)
Pipettes here too. 20 drops equals 1 mL. One full squeeze and draw is about 1ml. I bought mine at longs and use those tiny liquor bottles. Seals halfway decent and looks almost fancey!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
I use the dosing regime that Left C posted in his link for a 10 gal. It has been working well for me. I use 3ml syringes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Are the Seachem products just as good a source of nutrients as the dry ferts? I ask because based on the sticky for dosing, it seems like it'll be a pain to measure out the ferts for a 10 gallon tank as opposed to just using a premixed liquid from Seachem. Will you get just as good as results using the Seachem method as opposed to dry?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 03:36 AM
Banned

PTrader: (19/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatlord View Post
Are the Seachem products just as good a source of nutrients as the dry ferts? I ask because based on the sticky for dosing, it seems like it'll be a pain to measure out the ferts for a 10 gallon tank as opposed to just using a premixed liquid from Seachem. Will you get just as good as results using the Seachem method as opposed to dry?
Hi oatlord

Your question is a very good one. Many people use dry ferts for EI dosing, PPS-Pro Dosing and other dosing plans because dry ferts are much cheaper to use than Seachem's, Kent's, etc. products.

Seachem's Flourish Phosphorus is a KH2PO4 solution and Flourish Potassium is a K2SO4 solution. Flourish Nitrogen is a little different because it is made from KNO3 and urea (iminium salt).

There is a conversion to make dry ferts at the same strength as Seachem's ferts. Here it is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left C View Post
Using – Mixing Dry Chemicals for Seachem’s Dosing

Seachem’s products are a little expensive, but they are very good. I know some people would like to cut the cost some and use some of the dry fertilizers that are available.

The following dosing solutions will be practically the same strength as Seachem's macronutrient products according to the online calculators. You then go by Seachem's recommended dosing amounts on the calculator.

Dosing Solutions
- Add 62.2 grams or 11⅛ tsp of KNO3 to 500 mL of distilled water for F. Nitrogen Substitute
- Add 3.5 grams or ¾ tsp of KH2PO4 to 500 mL of distilled water for F. Phosphorus Substitute
- Add 51.0 grams or 8½ tsp of K2SO4 to 500 mL of distilled water for F. Potassium Substitute*

*(This amount approaches the maximum solubility of K2SO4 of 12 grams per 100 mL of distilled water. You will probably need to shake the container each time prior to dosing.)

Online Calculators Used:
http://www.fishfriend.com/fertfriend.html
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...fertilator.php

IMO, you may omit F. Trace even though it is included in the calculator.

I do not have a substitute for Flourish, F. Excel and F. Iron at this time.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if it works well.

Left C
I dose a 10g aquarium that has a 28w 6700K PC bulb and DIY CO2 using EI. It works fine. Here it is:
10- 20 Gallon Aquariums
+/- 1/8 tsp KNO3 (N) 3x a week
+/- 1/32 tsp KH2PO4 (P) 3x a week
+/- 1/4 tsp GH booster once a week(water change only)
+/- 1/32 tsp (2ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
50% weekly water change
Here's the thread: http://www.barrreport.com/estimative...chy-folks.html

You can dose this dry or you can make solutions.

EHEIM PIMP #164
Classic 2011, Classic 2213, Classic 2217, ECCO 2236, Pro II 2028, Liberty 2040, Liberty 2042

VICTOR PIMP #1
VTS253A-1993, VTS250B-580, VTS253D-320, HPT500-40-350-4M, SGT500-40-4F-DK

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode