Ei ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ei ?

Can you EI without using Co2?

I am now using Kent freashwater plant but that looks like just micros:
Muriate of potash, iron EDTA, manganese EDTA, zinc EDTA, sodium EDTA, cobalt chloride, copper EDTA, sodium molybdate. Also contains Deionized water, humic acid, kelp extract.Soluble Potash (K2O) 3% Copper (Cu) (Min) .00001% Iron (Fe)(Min) .24% .24% Chelated Iron Manganese (Mn)(Min) .01% Molybdenum (Mo)(Min) .0009% Zinc (Zn)(Min) .00014%

if you can, will you tell me the dosing amounts please or can i follow the _Dosing Regime's_ guide.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Lighting is important here. Light drives growth, which increases the need for ferts and co2. What's your current setup?

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

need to finish that signature.

tank 120gal with 320 watts.
32 gal water change/week
30ml of freashwater plant 2x/week

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

I would say co2 is gonna be necessary with that setup. Otherwise, that lighting screams "algae" to me.

Yep, the Kent stuff is just micros. EI with dry ferts will work well for adding macros to a tank that size, as they are inexpensive compared to their liquid counterparts.

Mike

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

algae hasn't been a big issue, i have it on the glass and rocks, some on the crypts and java fern, the biggest algae issue is string algae, i have to pull that out every three days or it's all over the tank.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra120 View Post
algae hasn't been a big issue, i have it on the glass and rocks, some on the crypts and java fern, the biggest algae issue is string algae, i have to pull that out every three days or it's all over the tank.
Well, it's all about your level of patience with algae. I would consider what you describe as a problem, but if it's not to you, that's all that matters

Mike

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode