LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (31/100%)
Dosing Ferts By Grams

i am going to be ei dosing of ferts.

I will buy the ferts Combo pack from bestaquariumregulator with:
1 lb KNO31 lb K2SO4 lb Plantex CSM+B KH2PO4

The dosing message i will follow is based on the sticky on the top of this forum

50%H20 change-weekly
1/4Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek
1/16Tsp-K2S04 3x a week
1/16Tsp-Trace (plantex) 3x a week

I was wondering though, what are the weights of each ferts in grams in that fraction of a tsp?

I think that that would be more accurate then donig it by spoons since the smallest tsp i have is a 1/4 tsp.

Here is the gram scale i am thinking of getting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/500-x-0-1-Gram-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone please give me the weight please?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Here is a tool that will help you figuring out that relation -

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_aquacalc.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks for the calculator!

it works great.

Um, one problem. When i put it as "add dry compound to tank directly" then i put .25 of a tsp for KNO3, it showed up as 11.29 ppm while it suggested 5ppm

Is the suggested part of the calculator just old?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Are these real?

You can ignore the recommendation. 5 ppm is a good level, but many plant nuts especially with higher light and CO2 levels double or quadruple that recommendation to be sure it doesn't run out. So both numbers are right.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
I'm considering making the move to dry ferts...however it sounds like remembering to dose manually...is there a way to automate this? like creating a solution & setting it up on a doser?

CobraGuppy - if Im stepping on ur toes LMK & I will remove this post.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Yup Indiboi had his setup in 2 solutions; one for macro and one for micro- check out his DIY autodosing setup thread- I think the instructions for making the solutions were in there.

Where's Indiboi been, anyways?

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Are these real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
I'm considering making the move to dry ferts...however it sounds like remembering to dose manually...is there a way to automate this? like creating a solution & setting it up on a doser?

CobraGuppy - if Im stepping on ur toes LMK & I will remove this post.
I did a bit of a write-up here.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

no problem chalu

I dont mind people asking questions in my thread because i might learn something myself.

I had one more quesiton... But im so sleepy. Cant remember >.>

oh well >.<

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode