1. Cut my water about 2 to 1 with Ro / DI water?
2. Add enough Equlibrium to bring my Gh up to about 4 or five?
3. What else?
1) Test samples to be sure the 2:1 ratio is going to work. What is your goal? What kind of fish do you want to keep?
2) If that is the right value for your fish. Plants will use Ca and Mg, but not in great enough quantities to cause problems. Whatever suits the fish, go with that, and aim for the KH (part 1, to be about the same).
3) If you are keeping black water fish then filter the water though peat moss.
The way I did this when I ran RO:
Fill a garbage can on wheels with the right amount of RO. (depends on what tank I was working with, but 25% to 50% RO was usual- my tap water is fairly soft)
Move the can near the tank.
Top off the garbage can with warm water from the tap (long hose from bathroom) including dechlor.
Set up peat moss in nylon stocking, and small pump. Include heater. Run it overnight to make black water.
Do water change.