plants curling, and a few questions. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
plants curling, and a few questions.

It has been years since I had a planted tank. I swapped to lake tang. cichlids about 10 years ago while I was in the army. Moving so much, I figured rocks and fish are easier to deal with breaking down and transporting lol.

So I'm back into planted tanks WITH my julie's and tropheus. I am ok with the troph's eating my plants, its part of my master plan. I just got my plants (not much yet) and co2 rocking 3 days ago. Dosing EI on a 55 gal, 54watt HO's. (its one ballast with 2 bulbs. The troph's loved the algae output those things produced.)

I started dosing Ei, Got a EI kit from GLA:
Using the 50-60 gal EI. 1/2tsp N 1/8 tsp PK.
Co2 about 2 bps, lime green drop checker with 4dkh standard.

My plant load is very small compared to what i used to do:
2 - bundles of Ludwigia reopens (red ludwigia in case i have wrong full name)
2- tattered Jungle Val
1- anubias. (the slow grower with the rizome?) I am horrible with names heh.

Two days after i get this all set up, the Reopens is bright red on top growth, but all the leaves are starting to curl and I notice a few leaf holes (not sure if it was there before or not), and the Anubias is curling as well on one of its big old leaves. The jungle Val i got was in bad shape, so I'm not expecting much from it for at least a week.

I know there is a Deficiency, because I noticed and tested Nitrate today and it was 0. So, on top of my CSM B this morning, about an hour ago i added 1/2 tsp of Nitrate and Potassium.

Should I double my doses on NPK day, or let things settle down for a week, I wasnt expecting so much growth and change in two days. The first day I put them in they were pearling and shooting o2 bubbles up. I was expecting a week to adjust my dosing and things are careening out of control alredy lol

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode