Automatic Dosing MC-03-M Dosing pump - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Automatic Dosing MC-03-M Dosing pump

Hello everyone,
Ok so far i have my 55 gallon running good, have my C02 at 3bps and have just ordered my Led lights from BML. Plants are growing fishes are thriving.
Parameter GH 4/KH 2
As a chemist i can make my own fertilizers from dry chemicals and would like to automatically dose it, and this is where i need all the help i can get.
I plan to buy the MC-03-M dosing pump (chinese made) and want to know if anyone is using it and its reliability.

Secondly i would like the auto dosers how are you dosing ? 5 mls a day? a week?
I am planning to go high tech.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
I run a kamoer 3 pump dosing pump and it doses quite accurately. +/- 0.1ml when I callibrated it using a graduated cylinder.

I highly recommend it for the price which is only slightly higher than the unit you listed.

The one I use also has much better programming capability than most lower end models. Lower end models sometimes cannot be programmed to run the pumps independently. The kamoer pump not only controls the pumps independently but can be programmed to dose multiple times per day.

I dose the following:

pump 1: SUN TUE THURS: NPK 4.0ml
pump 2: MON WED FRI: MICRO/FE 2.0ml
pump 3: SUN TUE THURS: 1.0ml Amino acids in the form of "envy"

How much you need to dose is up to you and you can simply use this calculator:

http://rota.la/

Fluval Spec V
7x Microsynodontis sp (1)

10g Terrarium
1x Cranwelli Horned Frog
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 04:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
Jeff, how is your pump working out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
I run a kamoer 3 pump dosing pump and it doses quite accurately. +/- 0.1ml when I callibrated it using a graduated cylinder.

I highly recommend it for the price which is only slightly higher than the unit you listed.

The one I use also has much better programming capability than most lower end models. Lower end models sometimes cannot be programmed to run the pumps independently. The kamoer pump not only controls the pumps independently but can be programmed to dose multiple times per day.

I dose the following:

pump 1: SUN TUE THURS: NPK 4.0ml
pump 2: MON WED FRI: MICRO/FE 2.0ml
pump 3: SUN TUE THURS: 1.0ml Amino acids in the form of "envy"

How much you need to dose is up to you and you can simply use this calculator:

http://rota.la/

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I would say 300$ is a pretty high price for a pump. I would think most cheaper pumps have the same programing possibilities as the high end ones. The only thing that might differ is if you can program per day dosing, like an alternating schedule on the same pump.
Own both the 100$ Marine Magic pumps and the Aqua Medic Reefdoser one. They both can do all that "expensive" stuff except for alternating days. Something easily fixed with a timer in the Aqua Medic doser case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode