What's in Dennerle V30? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
What's in Dennerle V30?

Anybody know what the V30 fertiliser contains?It only says"Complete fertiliser" on the label....And can you dose it along with some Fe+ traces?(different days of course)

Can't come to work today ,Boss......I've got Bolbitis...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
According to this link it's basically a trace mix with a little potassium.

1% K2O water-soluble potassium oxide.
0.3018% MgO magnesium oxide;
0.021% B boron;
0.006% Cu copper;
0.306% Fe iron;
0.122% Mn manganese;
0.012% Mo molybdenum;
0.006% Zn zinc;
0.002% Co cobalt;
0.002% Ni nickel;
0.003% Li lithium;
0.002% Al aluminium;
0.0015% Va vanadium
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Zorfox;5304810]According to this link it's basically a trace mix with a little potassium.

1% K2O water-soluble potassium oxide.
0.3018% MgO magnesium oxide;
0.021% B boron;
0.006% Cu copper;
0.306% Fe iron;
0.122% Mn manganese;
0.012% Mo molybdenum;
0.006% Zn zinc;
0.002% Co cobalt;
0.002% Ni nickel;
0.003% Li lithium;
0.002% Al aluminium;

Thank you for the link.
I currently use the JBL FErropol with:
1.00% K2O
0.168% MgO water-soluble
0.0009% Cu
0.349% Fe
0.024 % Mn
0.0006% Mo
0.009% Zn
0.0002% Co
0.0001% Al
0.380% S
0.0001% J
0.0001% V

The JBL seems to be higher in Fe ,and lower in MgO.The dosage which they recommend on the cap is 10ml for 80 liters ,while the Dennerle recommends 3ml for 100 liters ,yet it seems to be no big differences between them....
Either way ,I still have to dose N and P...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I sent e-mails to both Dennerle and JBL ,and they confirmed the dosage mode.
I still can't figure out the logic in this.Ferropol contains a bit more Fe ,yet they recommend
10ml for 80 L weekly.That is 1ml for 8 L.
Dennerle V30 ,with less iron ,recommend 3ml for 100 L -every 2 weeks.That is 1ml for 33.3L
Where is the logic in all this?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Manufacturer doses are based on what they think you should be using. It's like someone saying use this much phosphours for PPS versus EI. It's a preference. I like EI, it just makes sense. In fact, why would anyone want to limit nutrients? Makes no sense to me. However, that's MY preference.

I'm working on a new Windows based nutrient calculator. The dry portion is basically done. I'm working on the commercial solutions portion now. I'm thinking rather than limit users to what solutions I have, let them add new ones like the ones you listed. It's all about the percentages and density anyway so why not. Math is math. The calculations are the same for Seachem or Tropica. The only difference being the percentages of nutrients.

You can do the math yourself now right? lol Decide what level YOU want to use and calculate a dose.

btw, if you want to account for the density issues add that to your formula.

example,

what you have now...

Desired ppm / percentage * 10 = ml/liter

Just add the density which is the weight divided by the volume

example Flourish Iron is
2.1kg/2Liters

Thats a density of 1.05 (2.1 / 2 = 1.05)

So....

0.5 ppm (Desired ppm) / (1% (percentage) * 1.05 (density)) * 10 = 0.4762 ml/liters

Remember. Do the multiplication first

Versus 0.5ml/liter when you don't use density. Not much of a difference. I just hate inaccuracy lol. Besides, if your crazy enough to dose a 250 gallon tank with commercial fertilizer it makes a difference.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorfox View Post
Manufacturer doses are based on what they think you should be using. It's like someone saying use this much phosphours for PPS versus EI. It's a preference. I like EI, it just makes sense. In fact, why would anyone want to limit nutrients? Makes no sense to me. However, that's MY preference.

I'm working on a new Windows based nutrient calculator. The dry portion is basically done. I'm working on the commercial solutions portion now. I'm thinking rather than limit users to what solutions I have, let them add new ones like the ones you listed. It's all about the percentages and density anyway so why not. Math is math. The calculations are the same for Seachem or Tropica. The only difference being the percentages of nutrients.

You can do the math yourself now right? lol Decide what level YOU want to use and calculate a dose.

btw, if you want to account for the density issues add that to your formula.

example,

what you have now...

Desired ppm / percentage * 10 = ml/liter

Just add the density which is the weight divided by the volume

example Flourish Iron is
2.1kg/2Liters

Thats a density of 1.05 (2.1 / 2 = 1.05)

So....

0.5 ppm (Desired ppm) / (1% (percentage) * 1.05 (density)) * 10 = 0.4762 ml/liters

Remember. Do the multiplication first

Versus 0.5ml/liter when you don't use density. Not much of a difference. I just hate inaccuracy lol. Besides, if your crazy enough to dose a 250 gallon tank with commercial fertilizer it makes a difference.
Thanks ,Zorfox ,I never thought I'd become so interested in math ,when I poured water in my tank for the first time.
I thought I smelled a rat ,when I noticed that Ferropol's manfacturer also sells a product called Algol ,an algae killer ,but which can apparently harm shrimp ,I don't exactly know what it contains.So I thought they recommended this higher dosage on purpose ,like selling the matches ,the gas ,and the fire extinguisher.
Inexperienced planted tank keepers ,like myself ,at first I didn't realise the importance of light intensity vs CO2 availability/stability ,vs nutrients.I kept my lights close to the surface ,dosed Ferropol only ,and no macros,and diy CO2(single bottle so very unstable).The result was algae ,BBA and fuzz ,mostly.I never used algae fighting products ,though ,I tried to figure out the cause ,and thanks to people on this forum ,I've learned my lesson.
I remember having read someplace that the Fe in Ferropol is EDTA ,(Fe +3) ,and the one in Fluorish Iron is Fe +2 ,according to their site.
Maybe they recommend dosing more because of this ,as Fe+3 dissipates in the water quicker than the Fe+2?
Good luck with your calc programming ,I can't wait to see the final product!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode