Grow Out Plant Tanks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Grow Out Plant Tanks

How should dry ferts and glut be dosed in a 10g grow out tank for plants when there are no inhabitants, only airstone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Depends on your lighting. Is it a grow out tank with a shoplight over it? If so you can do a modified ei. Assuming since you're dosing glut you don't have CO2 injection, try dosing 1 ei macro dose and 1 micro dose once a week or so (instead of the full 6 days regimen). If you have strong light and CO2 injection then just dose regular EI or cut back a day - you can get away with higher CO2 since you don't have fish.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualady View Post
How should dry ferts and glut be dosed in a 10g grow out tank for plants when there are no inhabitants, only airstone?
The same as if you had fish. Provide non limiting nutrients regardless of the type of tank you have. Dosing has to be balanced with water changes. This is more important than your lighting or whether you use CO2. Balancing the two is pretty easy if you understand the basics. Check out this post, EI concept explained. I wrote it for this reason. Rather than explain it every time I decided to make one post and refer people there. If you should have any questions feel free to PM or post questions.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Since it is a 10g I am using 2 clamp on lamps with either 13 watt or 23 watt..unsure but have them both....I will be doing 50% pwc weekly...so what I am getting is dose like I do my other tanks that DO have inhabitants EXCEPT I can dose the glut higher? If so, how high (ex. I already dose 1ml per 2 gallons with inhabitants, so maybe 2ml per gallon W/O inhabitants)? I hope my example made sense...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode