Fert dosing suggestion ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Fert dosing suggestion ?

So one of my tanks is semi-high tech, the other med/low tech or I really should say low/w med light.
The low tech tank recently went through a time of BGA but is fine now. But it took double treating to rid it.
So this has made me hyper-suspicious, another way of saying paranoid of Phosphates in my water. And MgSO4.
As the result of this, when making up my Macro fert list I omitted Gh booster/MgSO4 and I am going to substitute K2SO4.
This is a ten G tank/w 2x T5 bulbs and Excel as per directions. I asked on here for someone to suggest amounts for reduced/once a week doses of the Macros. This was the suggestion: 1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 and 1/64th teaspoon of KH2PO4. But I don't know how much of the K2SO4 to dose.
I am now(till it runs out) using Flourish Comprehensive for the Micros.
So can someone give me a reduced amount dose for K2SO4 that would be in proper proportions to these other two ?
KNO3 x 1/4 teaspoon per week
KH2PO4 x 1/64th teaspoon per week
K2SO4 x ?
U.S.P.S. has the K2SO4 65 miles from my house now so I will need this dose before too long so that I can feel that I
have covered all the basses as much as I can.

BTW: One of those calculators says 843mg once a week...but how many/much teaspoons is that ?

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

Last edited by Raymond S.; 01-02-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Changes

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode