Thinking about going pps pro - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Thinking about going pps pro

I've been thinking about what someone said on my other post and how I'm getting more trace than regular.

So I decided I want to switch from liquid flourish comp and iron to dry ferts. Trouble is I have no idea where to start. I'm looking at gla website and thinking about going pps pro, but are these all the nutrients I need? Or is there other fertilizers I would need to purchase as well. Please no chemical compounds I'm not a scientist I know common names better.

Current plant list is
Anubias sp, fern sp multiple ones, blyxa, crypt sp multiple ones, bacopa, rotala mini butterfly, willow moss, green cobamba, thre plants I have no idea what they are, and I'll soon be getting Buce belindae, erio parkeri, bolbitis mini, maybe some star grass, and I also have a red flame sword and red rue in sword I believe.

Co2 runs at 6-8 bps
T5 6500k x2 lighting
Filtration is fluval 406, U2 if that makes a difference,

I already have the digital scale, and funnel,

I know I need to be using distiller or ro water to mix with, but a great help would be a list of fertilizers I would need to cover a broad spectrum and so I get no deficiencies. All the help would be much appreciated.

must....have.....more....moss n shrimp!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I'm not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I have only had my tank going for three weeks, BUT I have done a lot of research.
I use GLA PPS PRO and love the results so far. Check out mt tank. I have a pic on my thread, "Help me get the red out" on the plant forum. Keep in mind that it is only 3 weeks old and I have tripled my stand of Colorata and doubled my Echinodorus angustifolia 'Vesuvius' plants.

I am going to add GH booster and Iron. I also have been dosing Excel.

My tank journal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning. Winston Churchill

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode