What kind of deficiency if any?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
What kind of deficiency if any??

This is five days after first trim, co2 is on for 10hrs with lights. Tanks 3.5g with 27w PC over it.

Co2 - 2Bps
Brighty k - 2 ML per day
Step One- 1ml per day

Seems that the lower leaves on Ludwigia are splotchy and I am getting some melting/browning on rotala.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
If those cuttings came from someone local's tank, that is one thing, but if you ordered them on line and they were grown emersed, that's another thing. In the first case you might need to wait a few more days for the plants to recover and start growing well. In the latter case, the emersed growth may not remain healthy, but new submersed growth should start soon.

Another case: you had good growth, but pruned off the tops and kept the bottom parts. Sometimes that results in poor growth for awhile, until the new leaves show up in enough quantity to support faster growth. Generally stem plants seem to do best if you replant the top stems, and pull out the old bottom stems.

Hoppy
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty suite the Ludwigia and rotala were grown submersed, the glosso not sure. I got them from aqua forest. There's no way I'll ever pull them all up and replant the tops, unless I rescape. I use aqua soil and it's to much hassle.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode