So, I've had my ADA AS for a while and it leeched tannins (at least color...not sure if it's tannins) into the water...adding the driftwood didn't help. Taking out the driftwood and adding in manzanita didn't help either.
I finally got sick and tired of the colored water so I finally started to run carbon in my canister. I've had the jar of activated carbon sitting there for a while....I just haven't gotten around to putting it in the filter.
Well, less than 24 hours later, it's 500% better and ALMOST clear!
I have two large bags of carbon running in a Fluval 104 along with a recharged bag of Purigen. In a Magnum 350, I have DE powder with the micron sleeve, and for my regular mechanical filtration, I'm running a Fluval 404.
My fish are hiding between my plants and hardscape to avoid being blown around but I don't expect to be filtering this much for longer than today.
In contrast to my occasional rant posts, this is a "YAY" post...I never knew carbon could make such a big difference in such a short time.
Pics will follow once the scape is done.