Testing Ferts - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Question Testing Ferts

I heard people can dose their ferts. They tested for the following:

Phosphate
Nitrate(duh )
Sulfate
Iron
and others!

Do they sell test kits? If they do how much and where can you purchase them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Sulfate? Er?

A master test kit at PetSmart is $13.49. There's separate test kits for a few bucks each. Do the online pricematch lpus the $5 off $15 coupon.

You won't need to dose yet with your low light 10 gallon tank. Save your money for a better lighting kit and then buy some ferts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Well I have Greg Wattson Ferts(thanks yoink ). I havent started dosing yet. I am getting the test kit next month but never seen any seperate test kits for these things.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:29 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
are you sure you even need the ferts? it's a low light low tech tank, i thought the only dosing needed was excel haha. i stopped using excel and my plants still grow. actually since i've stopped, my water sprite has grown alot more. go figure.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Well I wanted to upgrade lighting very very soon(within the next 2 months).

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Don't dose now. Save money for the lighting kit. There's a post in the Swap n Shop for a AHSupply kit, check it out.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode