Milky Water - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Milky Water

Hello

I have had my tank set up for 3 months now and I am having a serious problem with a bacterial bloom. I can't get rid of it. Water changes only make it worse and the tank looks awful. Considering it's a 6ft tank and was supposed to be the pride and joy in the front room, I am starting to hate it.

We had the initial bacterial bloom after set-up, but that was just like a bit of cloudy water and disappeared very quickly. We then had a small outbreak of green water, but as soon as the plants started to grow in, that disappeared as well.

Then I made the mistake of using the water conditioner which was supplied with the tank and I have had a milk soup ever since. It also stuck the fins of my Siamese fighting fish together and he is only slowly recovering. The conditioner apparently contained filter bacteria (Fresh Start) and Slime Coating stuff (affecting the fighting Fish).

What can I do to get rid of it ? I can see about 10cm into the water, then it goes off. I can't even see my plants. I will post water parameters later, but they should be pretty good, considering I only have 4 small fish in there.

The water is definitley not green. It looks like red-top milk. How do I get rid of that stupid bacteria ?

Cheers, a very frustated Madpiano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
just let it sit and do its thing. it will clear itself out

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode