Help dosing a 20 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
Help dosing a 20 gallon

Hey all,

I'm relatively new to planted tanks and need some help getting a dosing regime down for this tank. I currently have some KNO3, flourish, and Kent botanica K(will be replaced with dry ferts soon). I don't have anything to dose phosphorus, but I have alot(~4-5 ppm) in the tap. I really just need a starting point from which to customize to my tank.

Here are the specs:

20 gallon high
ph 7
kh 6.5
20-25ppm co2 via yeast/sugar and hagen ladder
65w Coralife PC on 10.5 hrs
50% weekly WC
flourite substrate
13 neons and a rainbow shark
lots of rotala indica and anacharis, random swordplant, a few java ferns and vals

I just got the PC light and boy does it make my plant pearl. I haven't notice any deficiencies yet, but I have only have the light for a week or so. I'm going to replace the anacharis and sword with something else soon.
According to the water company I have ~50ppm calcium, ~15ppm magnesium, no Fe, K, or NO3. Is there anything else I need to get? Thanks for the help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to JHipkin
You can get a lot of info from The Barr Report. There is a detailed article including sample dosage for a 20 gallon. Follow this link, http://www.barrreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1

You will probably need to add CO2 if you are going to dose ferts and increase your light. CO2, lots of it, is the key to healthy plants and no algea.

You can also get dosage info from Chuck Gadd at this link, http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...osage_calc.htm

Good luck.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode