api co2 booster - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
api co2 booster

Hi I found API co2 booster at PETCO today so I bought it without doing research on it. Does anyone have any experience with this, or did I just waste my money? No money for high tech lighting yet or a co2 system I have seven plants in my 55 gallon so far mostly echinodorus species.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
This product is probably a liquid supplement that is similar to Seachem's Flourish Excel.

You might be able to get a better pricing on the latter online, so I would look into that as well.

However, with a 55 gallon aquarium, the cost of adding Excel/API's product on a daily basis will accumulate very quickly.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Yea I was reading the dosing In structions. I'm not going g to dose everyday just three times a week until I hook up a co2 system thanks for the info.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
When API CO2 Booster first came out there was a report on their website, as I recall, comparing its performance to Excel. it performed exactly the same as Excel, when you factored in the fact that API says to dose the same 1 ml/10 gallons every day, with no super dose after water changes. In their test, which followed the manufacturers directed dosing, the "super dose" of Excel stunted the Excel sensitive plants enough to give the API product the appearance of performing much better.

Hoppy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Well the reason I bought API is pe co does not have a lot of sea chem products. I didn't want to go online for just excel then have to pay for shipping. Next time I go to order prime, flourish I'll buy sea chem excell. Is there any other ferts that will help me out with my low tec setup now since I prolly won't be getting the lighting anytime soon.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode