Noob fert questoins - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Noob fert questoins

Well I'm running my 29g with a 2x24 T5ho lamp and and a diy CO2 setup.

I have root tabs in the eco-complete dosing once a week with flourish comprehensive, Kent iron, API CO2 booster.

Parameters 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrites 10-40nitrates 7.8 PH

I'm not haven a god time with my red ludwigia the stems seem to die and the lower leaves fall of.

I need to re new my root tabs but what else do i need to get a healthier crop of plants.

Maker and model aswell az what it is would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Well I read through your 29gal posting, I suggest using two 6700k bulbs for your lighting because it'll definitely help with the plants. I see you're dosing micro nutrients, but what about macro nutrients N-P-K?

Sounds to me like you could use a better dosing plan in order to provide both macro, and micro nutrients to the plants. Plus what kind of root tabs are you using?

15g Fluval Flex - Will be a planted shrimp tank
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Im using API root tabs.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have a 10000 and actnic buld most of these lfs dont seem to care t5ho bulbs.

As far as N-P-K isn't that the Flourish comprehensive? If not who makes a readily available product?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
N-P-K stands for the 3 Macro nutrients plants need which are (N) Nitrogen, (P) Phosphate, and (K) Potassium which flourish comprehensive doesn't supply the needed amounts of these 3 macro nutrients.

Actinic has absolutely no benefit with aquatic plants, it doesn't do anything for them. As far as the 10000k bulb, technically you can use it for plants, but 6700k bulbs are closer to the kelvin temperature of sunlight, and are a lot better for aquatic plant life.

As for the API root tabs, API products in my opinion are just eh.... I would go with either some type of DIY root tabs using Osmocote plus, Flourish root tabs, or going with RootMedic root tabs. The reason is API is well know for just using iron, and potassium in their products, and nothing else. Whereas the other tabs I mentioned above contain a wide variety of nutrients which will benefit the plants a lot better.

You can always order these things off the internet using a debit or credit card, if you don't have one you can always go get a pre-paid debit card so you can order from the internet.

15g Fluval Flex - Will be a planted shrimp tank
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

All right then I just dosed the tank with Fourish enhancer pack NPK now I gest we wait some leaves got super holy since I dose I hope that will spot.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yes unfortunately Flourish "Comprehensive" is not comprehensive at all. Why couldn't the just have named it flourish micro and avoided the confusion. I know because it would have had lower sales because it doesn't sound as good.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Can't seem to get the pic up but the new growth is looking good my geko is growing pretty well to..

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode