Osmocote Plus - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 01:26 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
Ok, so the Dry Ferts in combination with Oscmocote Plus would work?

Or the Azomite in combination with the Osmocote Plus would work?

How often would I need to dose these things? (probably dependent on type/how many plants right?)

How about dosing in a Low Tech (no Co2/Low light plants only anubias, moss, etc) vs High Tech (glosso, dwarf baby tears, amazon sword, etc).

Hey Wizzy, with the Osmocote Plus as Tabs, all you have to do is place one gel cap filled with about 12 -14 granules every 6 cubic inch in your tank. As long as your substrate isn't fine sand you should be able to push the gel caps to the bottom of your substrate and it should be good. For the Azomite, just use the instructions described above as mentioned 1/4 teaspoon for every 55 gallons. If your sketchy of that measurements use half - 1/8. As long as you dose your water colony you should be fine.

Also if you don't wanna use Azomite, you could use Thrive, not Thrive+. I use it to dose my water colony 2 x per week for my low tech tanks and 3 x a week for my High Tech ones.

THRIVE www.nilcog.com @ $17.99 for a 500ml Bottle. Use All-in-one fertilizer.
Super concentrated
Both micro/macro nutrients
For low/high-tech setups
Easy to dose pump design
500mL treats 2500 gallons

Thrive is an easy to dose, super concentrated all-in-one liquid fertilizer. It is based on an effective EI dosing method with all essential micro and macro nutrients designed to help aquatic plants truly Thrive. It eliminates the need for multiple products to manage the planted aquarium and includes an easy to use pump design for simple spill-free dosing. GH booster may be added in cases of soft, mineral deficient water.

1 x 2mL pump per 10g will add 7ppm NO3, 1.3ppm PO4, 5ppm K, and 0.25ppm Fe

Analysis: N 3%, P 0.8%, K 9.4%, Fe 0.47%, Mg 0.062%, Cu 0.009%, B 0.023%, Co, 0.0002%, Mn 0.06%, Mo 0.0018%, Zn 0.016%

Store at or near room temperature, no refrigeration necessary

Last edited by HAPATanks; 01-16-2018 at 01:37 AM. Reason: correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 05:47 PM

I just started a tank that has a layer of eco-complete with half the area I have Oscmocote buried for comparison. It's just the second week and I already can tell the difference.

This is my first tank. I was so hurry to start without a comprehensive understanding or at least get some knowledge of substrate. I selected the eco-complete just because it has a very good picture on the bag that potentially tells me how great it can grow plants. LOL.

This is the second week since my first does. It's great. I like it. and I will does another half tank later this week. plus DIY CO2.

Just hope the water will be fine. I have a little fish in that tank to help and tell me if I'm too crazy.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppendor View Post
I just started a tank that has a layer of eco-complete with half the area I have Oscmocote buried for comparison. It's just the second week and I already can tell the difference.

This is my first tank. I was so hurry to start without a comprehensive understanding or at least get some knowledge of substrate. I selected the eco-complete just because it has a very good picture on the bag that potentially tells me how great it can grow plants. LOL.

This is the second week since my first does. It's great. I like it. and I will does another half tank later this week. plus DIY CO2.

Just hope the water will be fine. I have a little fish in that tank to help and tell me if I'm too crazy.
My current nano tank is my 5th tank where I've been hard headed and used eco complete despite all the knowledge I have gained here. It's a pain to get plants to thrive in it most of the time. However, once I again see the light and bury a bunch of osmocote plus in the substrate, both in gel capsules and individual "balls" one at a time with tweezers, my plants explode with growth in a few short weeks.

Eco Complete has little to no built in fertilizer, but has the ability to hold a lot of nutrients. So once I get the osmocote into the substrate and roots start feeding on it, my plants exploded with happiness again.

My tank journal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
capsules, fertilizer, osmocote, osmocote plus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode