Plants don't pearl anymore anymore - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/91%)
Plants don't pearl anymore anymore

Hey everyone,
I have a pressurized system on my 55 gals farm tank. I switched over to the ext5000 carbon doser from aquariumplants.com. I was running the large diffuser from GLA. My plants pearled like crazy but it seems like you waste a lot of co2. I also could not get it to mist like the video. My dc is nice and lime green. It just doesn't seem to put enough co2 in the tank!! I don't get any o2 bubbles either. My pressure is 40 psi and 2-3 bps. What am I doing wrong??
Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Whats the problem wih the tank? Plants not pearling isnt a problem. a lime green dc sounds like result to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20L build in progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my 75 (the old tank)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/91%)
Just checking. I have a lot to learn I guess. Thanks for the input.
Tim

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Depending on the plant species is how much they'll pearl when happy - a plant such as Riccia for example, is one you want to use if you want a plant that pearls a ton when you smile at it.

Frank Wazeter
Aquascaper for life.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Maybe you ran out of another nutrient... But if all plants are doing fine and no algae visible, it is no problem!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Trd t ╦σ R├r.

PTrader: (363/100%)
None of my tanks pearls~ only on water change day.

Cheers!!!
J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (362/100%)
When I tried inline co2 diffusion in my tank, my plants do not pearl. But when I switched to misting using glass diffuser w/ Hagen mini Elite place on top of it they pearl like crazy.

Below my Rotala Rotundifolia under misting.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
high light, more co2 and fertilizer doses always caused pearling in my tank, the day i dose GH booster and Phosphate along with N and K i see more pearling. i see pearling effect within 2 hours after the lights are on.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
When I tried inline co2 diffusion in my tank, my plants do not pearl. But when I switched to misting using glass diffuser w/ Hagen mini Elite place on top of it they pearl like crazy.

Below my Rotala Rotundifolia under misting.

misting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA-Planted View Post
misting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

i get the same effect without using misting, but i definitely seen more bubbles on plants when using misting.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
there are variables that come into play so this is never a good guide to see how your plants are doing! the main things you need to look at is flow, light, co, ferts. you can have all of those that make a plant healthy but dont see pearling due to any of those not being withing range of seeing the pearling action. also is it a atomizer or a glass diffuser large doesnt really describe it that well lol.

but with as little info as there is there its quite difficult to say why things may be making you not see pearling. my bet with 2-3 bps with a atomizer ? idk if thats what ur using should be more than enough for that, so id look at high flow rate/current there not the same but they can be put together to simplyfy things, and amount of light, then ferts. and remember co2 is very vary cheap so even in a worst case if u lost 25% which i could never imagine and would be more than noticable, so if u had a 10lb bottle cost say $15 to refil that last say 6 months(180days to simplyfy) its 3.75 so less than 2 a day and id bet your less than half of that easy. dont worry about co2.

i did miss the crazy pearling so i went back to leds but its alot more light, still waiting to see par #'s but i know its prob way over 100+ par. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ7YO...&feature=g-upl the easy way to see it is slow the current down but then might run into issues of dead spots and co2 depravation in areas.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode