pH change all the sudden? Need Help! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
pH change all the sudden? Need Help!

So here is the story, I check the pH of my tank on Wednesday with the API kit and it came out to be below 6.0. I got the Borneo Wild Dance and try to see how it work with the shrimp so I does one drop in to the tank. (It contain PRL CRS, BKK, RB, WR, and CWS) I also took out the mineral stone that is in there because it is changing the TDS around. It was there for almost a month already. On Saturday I check my pH again with my new pH wide range test kit and got a pH of 6.4!!! (I test it because I found a death on Friday) I thought there is a problem with the pH test kit so I check it again with my API kit and it came out to be the same.

Only thing I did was removing the Stone, drop the Borneo Wild Dance. What could cause the pH change? I got New amazonia in the tank and it is only 3 month old! I have no idea how this is happening. I check my RO and my tap and the pH are all below 6.0. I check the remineralize RO and it is also below 6.0.

My parameter

Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate : 0
pH (now): 6.4
TDS: 158
gH: 4
kH (was 0): Didn't check yet.

What I am doing now is some water change using drip drop method. I just can't figure out what is going on! ARHH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Your gh (kh) are low so there is really no buffering available in the water to maintain the PH. PH/GH/KH maintain a relationship so the fluxuation will happen without buffering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
but a lot of people are keeping their tank with gH 4 and kH 0 for BKK. I thought the substrate should be doing the buffering?

Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
i would have had dead fishes by now, Kh 0dgh, GH 1-2dgh, ph 6.0<

no dead fishes till now, plants loves it too.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode