I know this isn't scientific but I'm not a scientist. I took 1 week and literally measured a lindernia India stem. It grew about a 1/2". That was using the pps method out of a 500 ml solution. I doesd 2ml of the NPK and 5ml trace every day for 7 days. I then started dosing the urea (seachem) not my own mix and dosed phosphorus (seachem). After another 7 days I measured the same stem and it had grown over 1 1/8". This is a 10 gallon tank. With 7 wpg. I also noticed a reduction in my thread algae problem, other plants colors were brighter too. Please let me reiterate I am not a scientist and this was not a controlled experiment. It is totally anecdotal. JUST MY OBSERVATION ONLY. I have seen enough that I am going to continue using these fertilizers. Btw I did 2 water changes.
I get 4-6 inches a week out of several species using a basic EI dosing method.
Hoppy has seen the tanks in person.
The tank journal also illustrates this.
Adding ferts does the job. Location(sediment or water column or both) "works" quite well in all cases, but having ferts in BOTH locations makes the dosing best since there is redundancy/back sources using both.
Adding N is SOME form also works very well, I've not seen any evidence that suggest otherwise.
NH4 or NO3, does not seem to make any difference nor make or break any tank and if so, then there are OTHER problems going on with the tank, generally CO2, circulation, filters, degassing of CO2, poor care etc.
7 WPG can mean many different things also, a light meter is a better tool to compare light intensity. In general, it's harder and places more demand on CO2 as you increase PAR intensity/duration.