Ferts? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
n00b

PTrader: (158/100%)
Ferts?

Hi guys, so I recently set up my high tech 10 gallon planted tank and I been having algae and growth problems. My moss seem to be dieing and my glosso only grow higher. I have begun dosing ferts to help my plant growth. So this past week I have been dosing both seachem flourish and excel. I was wondering what what kind of fert would I need to help with my plants. Also I been battling hair algae and bba to. I heard that dry ferts are cheaper and better could someone fill me in on what I would need to do before dosing.

Tank:
10 Gallon
Lights; Finnex ray 2 led
Co2: Paintball setup
Substrate: Fluval Stratum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	50282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	50283  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
There is a good write up on dosing if you look at the sticky in this section of the forum, as for your glosso all I can think of keep trimming it and keep it down.
Algae go to the algae section of this forum and click on the sticky. Look around man you'll find many useful tips. A lot of experience members thought of most your questions and sticky them to the appropriate sections already. Help yourself to the info I told you where to look.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
n00b

PTrader: (158/100%)
Thanks for the heads up.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
sounds like to me, you are really just missing Macro ferts. Seacheam Flourish is mostly just used as micro ferts, so just have one more piece of the puzzle to finish. Dry ferts is the way to go, make your own and save a good amount of money.
Glosso, well what kind of light do you have? I hear Glosso will grow up when the light is not high enough, but only what I hear.
Since you say high tech I assume you have pressurized CO2? for the algae it might be as simple as using macro ferts and turning the CO2 up..once plants achieve optimal growth then the algae should disappear. If not try using that Flourish Excel or H2O2.
Good luck!

-=:Sketch804:=-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval pimp #31

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode