Substitute for pfertz - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Substitute for pfertz

Well I got some free pfertz from a friend. I'm going to be running out soon and I was wondering if Seachem would be a good substitute for the pfertz. I currently have a brand new bottle of Flourish. I was wondering what other fertilizers Seachem makes and if it could keep my plants nice and healthy like the pfertz has. Please give me some suggestions.

DIY ADA Style Stand -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mr. Aqua 17.4 Gallon Iwagumi Valley-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotplants View Post
Well I got some free pfertz from a friend. I'm going to be running out soon and I was wondering if Seachem would be a good substitute for the pfertz. I currently have a brand new bottle of Flourish. I was wondering what other fertilizers Seachem makes and if it could keep my plants nice and healthy like the pfertz has. Please give me some suggestions.
I am a big fan of the Seachem line and personally use it. Seachem covers the complete lineup. Here is the link to our Seachem thread with all of the plant products.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=175220

RAOK Club
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
I am guessing you are using the N,P,K, and possibly micros?

If so you could buy more Pfertz.

Seachem would work but probably more $$.

Rootmedic makes liquid fertilizers.

Dry dosing would work as well. To get your N,P, and K you would want KN03 and KH2P04.

You could use your Flourish to dose micros.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (499/100%)
I don't want to push anybody out of a sale but you'd be better off buying dry ferts and mixing your own.

For me, I was nervous about getting everything just right. Then I realized there are nutrient calculators all over the internet that help you calculate the specific amount of powdered fert to put in a certain amount of distilled/RO water.

If you're insistent on buying pre-mixed ferts, Seachem tends to be a lot more expensive than Pfertz or Rootmedic.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
You can also just add dry Geertz straight to your tank

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
PFertz is having a 35% off sale, now is the time to restock on that Pfertz. type in anniversary in the promo bar.

Will

on Facebook.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (538/100%)
if you are still looking for ferts, dry ferts will always be the cheapest and most customizable. If interested pm me.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode