Kent Botanica - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (33/100%)
Kent Botanica

Hi all,
I went to the LFS yesterday to pick up some supplies. I got into a conversation about planted tanks with the owner there and he ended up give me 4 of these bottles to try out on one of my tanks. They are the Kent Botanica(Nitrogen,Iron, Potassium,Phosphate) 8.7oz bottles. He said not too many people here are really into plants and was looking for some to try these out. If all goes well hell start ordering a stock for the store. I will probably try these out on my smaler 20gal and not my bigger 55. Any one ever use these? Any success? Thanks!
-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Aphyosemion
I use Kent Botanica exclusively. They are great and I have never had any problems with them, other than finding a 64 oz bottle of Botanica Grow, which has been hard.
Your main 2 ferts should be Grow and Nitro+. They will provide a solid base for your routine. I have some VERY heavily planted tanks and have never needed to use the Iron additive, but I do use the Potassium once per week. Grow has both iron and potassium, so your need of supplementation of either of these is going to be minimal. Also, I would recommend AGAINST using the phosphate fert unless you already have a very established tank and want some sort of growth boost. You will likely insure a nasty algae outbreak otherwise. I have also heard that supplementing iron when you don't need it will cause hair algae (or was it BBA?) outbreaks, so I would recommend against that as well, unless you see signs of a deficiency.
My routine goes like this:
Grow - Dosed once per day, per the instructions. I double the recommended dosage in my higher light tanks.
Nitro+ - I dose as needed, usually 2 times per week, per instructions
K+ - I dose once per week, per the instructions

This is a very simple routine and has worked great for me, so I see no need to complicate it further.
-Aphyosemion

Two 1 GA desktops, a 5 gallon, a 2.5 gallon, a 10 gallon, a 20 gallon, a 25 gallon, and two 75 gallon tanks, all planted.
I am an expert on algae, so ask me if you have questions. I know how to grow it, just not how to get rid of it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
The Kent Botanica line is what we use in our nursery. Can't say we ever had a bad result from it if you follow the instructions.

Del Goins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode