API Co2 Booster and (my) crypt(s)
Well, I believe its been three days with the API Co2 Booster.
Overall, its not a bad product, but the Crypt that I purchased at Petco is obviously not tolerant of it.
Within 4hrs of doing the recommended dosage the top 1" of a mature leaf was eaten away. Large necrotic spots had developed on several older leaves where potassium deficiency had made holes.
This morning I had noticed some crypt melt on some of the older leaves and started thinking and researching about what might have been going on. I had considered the API co2 Booster, but hadn't made any decisions.
I performed a 15% wc about 4 hrs ago to clean out powerheads that had been clogged and afterwards dosed 2ppm potassium and 3ml API Co2 Booster. Now the crypt is showing clear signs of melting I have concluded that it was the API Co2 Booster.
I will cease using this product on this and the 29g since they both have the same species of crypt.
BTW, I had used Seachem Excel and did not notice any melting of these crypts, but I also did not dose the recommended dose daily (I dosed 3x dosage after wc).